• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Bad odor from dental bridge?

D

Dinoza

Hello all!

I got a dental bridge two months ago, and there is this terrible odor when I touch the gun line next to the pontic I can not floss its too tight, there is no possible way to get any floss on this world under that tooth, I will need to get one more bridge in 7 to 10 days and Im really not sure anymore about that cause of the smell... No idea how to get rid of that, I brush my teeth, but I cant floss the bridge cause there is no gap at all for floss... Anyone who had a similar exp? Cheers!

Enarete

Enarete

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Dinoza,

smell indicates that there is bacteria somewhere which makes sense, because if you cannot floss there, then it's a place where bacteria can live happily. I do not have any experience with a bridge, only know about the super floss used to clean it. If you have difficulties flossing there then it might be a good idea to discuss this with your dentist and let him find a solution for you.

All the best wishes

D

Dinoza

Hi Dinoza,

smell indicates that there is bacteria somewhere which makes sense, because if you cannot floss there, then it's a place where bacteria can live happily. I do not have any experience with a bridge, only know about the super floss used to clean it. If you have difficulties flossing there then it might be a good idea to discuss this with your dentist and let him find a solution for you.

All the best wishes
Yep, you are right, I will deffo ask my dentist, something might be wrong, I never heard that someone could not floss under the bridge.

C

comfortdentist

Verified dentist
Should be adjusted. Yes it does happen.