• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bad taste in mouth

S

Smallpurplecat

Hi,

It's 11 days since I had my 2 upper wisdoms extracted and I'm still not quite recovered.

I got an infection in one side after and after 5 days developed a horrible taste in my mouth and lots of gross mucus at the back of my throat - the remains of the infection I believe. Since Friday this has eased a bit but I still have a constant bad taste in my mouth. Has anyone experienced this for as long?

I also still have tingling in my left sinus area.

Thanks

Hi,

It's 11 days since I had my 2 upper wisdoms extracted and I'm still not quite recovered.

I got an infection in one side after and after 5 days developed a horrible taste in my mouth and lots of gross mucus at the back of my throat - the remains of the infection I believe. Since Friday this has eased a bit but I still have a constant bad taste in my mouth. Has anyone experienced this for as long?

I also still have tingling in my left sinus area.

Thanks

I had a kind of numbness around my nose area for weeks after my front teeth came out. It'll pass I'm sure. The bad taste I can sympathise with! I had an abscessed lower molar out over the weekend and the pus is slowly seeping out of the socket. Not a nice taste at all. But again, it'll pass I'm sure. Your doing the old salt water rinsing etc I assume?

Thanks SXB. Yes, still rinsing with salt 2 times a day and mouthwash too. I think it has slightly reduced today so hopefully I'm nearly there!

Thanks SXB. Yes, still rinsing with salt 2 times a day and mouthwash too. I think it has slightly reduced today so hopefully I'm nearly there!

I had an information leaflet after my weekend extraction (as if I need one!?!:o;D) - it recommended rinsing with salt SIX times a day!!! I'd have to take time off work to be able to fit all that rinsing in! Two or three times a day is enough I think.

Back