• Welcome to Dental Fear Central! This is a place for mutual support and any questions you may have that are related to dental phobia, fear or anxiety. It is run by volunteers with first-hand experience of dental phobia and anxiety together with dental practitioners who like to help. The "Verified dentist" badges will tell you whether an answer has been provided by a qualified dental practitioner. If you'd like to use all the features of this forum and share your own experiences, or if you are a dental professional who would like to contribute, register now.

We strive to promote a safe, friendly and trustworthy environment with our team of moderators monitoring all discussions daily.

Before and After Pictures

I

IrishLad

Sorry admins if this should not be posted here but I am wondering would others think that posting before and after pictures here would help others?

A

Audrien

I always like before and after photos. Gives me hope and makes me calmer about treatments!

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
Sure, I've personally got nothing against people posting before and after shots in their journals if they so wish :). I'll make this a sticky thread.

One thing though - please only post your photos if you are absolutely certain that you don't mind anyone seeing them. This is an open forum which gets indexed by search engines, so the photos will be "public".

My other concern would be that this could turn into a "fashion contest" of sorts, so I'd like everyone to remember that a healthy mouth doesn't necessarily equal "pearly whites" and vice versa. I'd be slightly concerned that seeing "perfect smiles" on this websites may have a negative effect on those who work their way to a healthy mouth, but who don't go for the cosmetic aspect.

Cheers :)!

Last edited:
I

IrishLad

Well for me mine wont be pearly white. I will have clean teeth but far from hollywood white and poker straight!

Can non registered users still view photo's?

I

IrishLad

How do I go about posting my photo's???

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
There are several options:

1) When posting, scroll down the page to "Additional Options" > "Attach Files". Click on the "Manage Attachments" button. You can then attach pictures in common formats (e.g. jpg). They will show up as thumbnails (small pictures) in your text, but people can click on them to see the original size versions.

2) You can upload your pictures to a free image hosting site, and then copy and paste the links to them into your post. The disadvantage is that on many sites, they will only be kept for a limited amount of time.

I

IrishLad

Okay I have attached before and after shots, apologies for the poor quality but I think people will be able to see the difference. As I have said my teeth may not have been bad as other peoples in the before pic but to me they were embarassing as hell

Attachments

POOHBEAR26

POOHBEAR26

:oI JUST HAD THE REST OF MY TOP TEETH REMOVED ORAL SURGERY I HAD IT DONE TUESDAY I AM SHOWING PICS OF SWELLING AND STUFF DONT FREAK OUT THOUGH I HAVE PANIC ATTACKS AND SO FAR SO GOOD IM NOT FREAKING OUT YET. SO HOPEFULLY THE TOP IS THE WORST OF THEM ALL I STILL HAVE 2 SURGERIES LEFT FOR THE BOTTOM ONES I INCLUDED A BEFORE PIC ALSO LOL

Attachments

PensionPrincess

PensionPrincess

Testing to see if picture shows up per instructions in this thread. So far I do not see it in the posting box I'm typing in here. YEHHHHH, IT WAS THERE!

Pension Princess

Attachments

Mary

Mary

Ok I wanted to post a pic with the knew denture...I don't have any before pics cause I never let anyone take my picture before now...so after all is said and done.this is my knew smile.(sorry I diden't have make up on or anything:sick:)
Ok I found kinda an after oisture...all thr front ones are crowns(which 3 broke due to neglect no pics of that...just imagine)but if you look close you can get an idea of how bad they we're...also look how unhealthy I look compared to the other pic...those bags under my eyes are crazy.
So the first one is AFTER and the second is before...but it actually got a hole lot worse than that...this was probably the last pic I was willing to take

Attachments

Last edited:
brit

brit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mary
You look beautiful and are also a beautiful person - now go out and enjoy your life to the full.
:grouphug::party::jump::party:.

T

takingflight

Mary, I have to agree with Brit, just beautiful!!! I'd be showing off that smile all the time!!! ;)

I'm so happy for you and proud of you for overcoming your fear and being so courageous and positive through everything. Even when you were feeling down it was still obvious that you had hope for a successful outcome and between your picture and your posts you certainly had one!!! :jump: :party:

:grouphug:

Mary

Mary

Thank you Brit and takingflight....you both have helped me so much....I love you guys.
yes I cannot stop smiling.(I will let you nkow how the date goes tomorrow:whistle:)

P

phobichick

OMGOSH Mary --- you look STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!

You truly hit me at the right moment here...I dont come on here too often but Im sure I'll be coming on here like my second home in the months a'coming!! Im such the anxiety proned I dont know what but looking at your smile gives me hope and also a bit of strength...I would LOVE to have a smile like that!!!

I have a large gap at the top front uppers but right now will be soon dealing with a Perio Consult for severe bone loss and gum recession on my bottom front 4 teeth:((( Teeth are good there but bone and gum are not:(( sniff*

You look SO GOOD!!!!!!! What an inspiration...seeing pics like yours will help me thru this I just know it..I hope so!!! And, as I type this Im nervous now as my husband just literally picked my son up to head to the dentist for my sons' two extractions on the bottom 2 front eye teeth. He's never even been numbed much less extractions himself....so say a prayer...thanks SO much for sharing your pic..I hope more people do this too as they get finished with their "stuff".....THANK YOUUUU you look FANTABULOUS!!! I bet you are SO HAPPY I just cant wait for that for me!!:))

scaredstiff

scaredstiff

Yes, you are looking good Mary, and good luck with the date. I'm rather tempted to upload a picture of myself, but though the teeth may look lovely and new, the rest of me unfortunately remains old and worn. Besides which I prefer to remain a woman of mystery.

Mary

Mary

Well SS...I already think you are a beautiful soul.so that automatically makes you a beautiful woman.congradulations on the knew perms.
Sure wish I could see(hint...hint:giggle:)