• Welcome to Dental Fear Central! This is a place for mutual support and any questions you may have that are related to dental phobia, fear or anxiety. It is run by volunteers with first-hand experience of dental phobia and anxiety together with dental practitioners who like to help. The "Verified dentist" badges will tell you whether an answer has been provided by a qualified dental practitioner. If you'd like to use all the features of this forum and share your own experiences, or if you are a dental professional who would like to contribute, register now.

We strive to promote a safe, friendly and trustworthy environment with our team of moderators monitoring all discussions daily.

Before and After Pictures

P

plasticinsanity

This is my first set of fillings I've had since... I want to say 2013? It could be 2012, though. I had 2 fillings done today on the right-side of the front teeth. Still a LOOOOT of work to be done (I don't even know how many fillings are left and I don't want to know)

On the after shot, I still want her to smooth out the tooth right beside the big front tooth (it looks a tad lopsided to me? We ran out of time during the appointment too)

Attachments

R

Rawbiz

I am sorry I do not have a before pic. There is no before at all, as I only had 10 teeth in the front, all rotten.

End result, 6 implants on top, 4 on the bottom.: en.jpg

A

amiedc

All of these are so positive and inspiring!

I'm a little nervous about posting my picture, but wanted to share that I finally suceeded in conquering my dentist anxiety thanks to reading a few articles like this one: https://dental-compare.com/blog/overcome-anxiety.html A combination of rewarding myself, finding the right dentist who was really understanding helped me with my dentist fears! Yay!:jump:

S

Scared stiff 2018

Okay I have attached before and after shots, apologies for the poor quality but I think people will be able to see the difference. As I have said my teeth may not have been bad as other peoples in the before pic but to me they were embarassing as hell

Congratulations on your hard work, looks great. !!!

J

jatay1985

Before and After...

I was so embarassed of my teeth before my deep cleaning. I haven't had the best history with my teeth and am lucky to be in the shape that I'm in....

Attachments

M

mandyjay82

Here are some of my progress pictures, not done yet, still 4 fillings and partial dentures to go! I have already had 9 extractions and 7 fillings since August last year.
i can’t believe I have come this far! Finding the right dentist really helps. I still get nervous, but at least I go now and don’t cancel appointments anymore!
Some of my images are reversed because I took some with selfie mode on my phone and took the others through the mirror lol!

Attachments