• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Before and After Pictures

WOW ! all of youre teeth look amazing!
i have just recently started going to the dentist because of fear. i have had 2 extractions and a total of 8 fillings all because i refused to go. i tried to take care of my teeth without going to thew dentist but it didnt work. i am now slightly over my fear of the dentist but not quite there. hopefuly in time i will be !!

Here's the lowers. No before pics. Two implants, four inlays and three crowns.

DSCF5708.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
nice results and good for you. Now you can smile and change someone's day:thumbsup:

Now that my giant bruise is gone and there's no swelling anywhere..here is a brand new 'after' picture taken today. ('Before' is on page 16..ugh!)

Attachments

• newsmile.jpg
    newsmile.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 322
TerrifiedWoman....your teeth are beautiful...makes you feel good huh..now you can smile bigggggg..I love to smile now LOL
:XXLhug: Marcelle

TerrifiedWoman....your teeth are beautiful...makes you feel good huh..now you can smile bigggggg..I love to smile now LOL
:XXLhug: Marcelle

Thanks! It sures beats my old smile by a mile! ;)

All of these before and after pictures are so amazing. Thank you for posting something that is so hard and emotional.

kellidedo said:
I always like before and after photos. I love looking the differences of each pictures. Gives me hope and makes me calmer about treatments!

Me too!! I hope someday to post mine, but I still haven't taken the "before" ... too embarassing!! i think i can i think i can i think i can....

Hi everybody, only just found this forum and I love it, some very good results great pic's,

I am ashamed of my teeth but hey thats what you get for not seeing the dentist for over 10 years !!
I have put off due to the last time I went, I had to have 9 injection before he could even let him start !! :scared:

After reading this post it has given me new hope, enough of :hidesbehindsofa: I have booked to go back to the dentist on the 1st dec 2010 lets see what happens :cry:

These are all amazing outcomes, it actually helps me to know that if i can just push through It will be so worth it to not be in pain, and not have to cover my smile anymore. In less than 2 weeks i'm having all of my teeth removed and getting immediate dentures, then I will post my before and afters as well.

Thought it was time I posted a real before and after, I'm thinking that's what this forum is all about because without the support, well you kind of see where I was headed . The before pic was taken in the late fall of 2009, my first dental visit in about 10 years. Those holes, the lost fillings due to decay - are what finally made me go, they were obvious.

Half way done- my perm crowns on all my upper teeth, a bridge and and implant crowns went in today- (I left with three more teeth than I went in with)

they need a bit of adjusting or evening out which my dentist said he my want to wait and do until the last implants go in and the bottoms are done but I'd like them more even.
.......here's the old vs new me

whew so that was huge for me................my dirty little secret out. The take home message- imagine the possibilities.

rp

Attachments

• before pic web.jpg
    before pic web.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 621
  • before pic holes.jpg
    before pic holes.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 646
  • Picture 9.jpg
    Picture 9.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 598
Wow....:jump::party::jump:
There's no comparison! Congrats. :sleepyjuice:

Double wow!!

What a gorgeous smile. :)

Wow RP...I can't imagine how much better you feel right now.

Bravo ;)

Thanks, you guys...... I'm back at the dentist on Monday to kind of "buff" things more even- he said quick in and out. At least now I have the incentive to finish the bottom half- it is sooooo worth it.

RP, one word......AMAZING!!!

Here are some after pictures. The before and during pictures are in the post below. I just posted my (very long) success story too at:

Hope this helps someone take the first step, just like other people's pics have inspired me in the past :)

Attachments

• af1.jpg
    af1.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 344
  • af2.jpg
    af2.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 326
  • af3.jpg
    af3.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 297
  • caninecloseup.jpg
    caninecloseup.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
"Before" and "During" shots

Here are three "before" shots.

dientes2.jpg dientes4.jpg dientes3.jpg

Next, a shot of the canine with stitches after extraction of the primary and permanent and placement of the implant + temporary.

caninestitches.jpg

Finally, the canine after the stitches were removed (that is saliva not pus, but yuck anyway)

caninehealing.jpg

Congratulations, looks very nice.
My only comment would be are the upper crowns all porcelain? They look a little thick?

rp

Back