• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Before and After Pictures

Hi,

I've not really got a 'success story' as such yet, however my story so far is that, as a child I had awful dental experiences, which resulted in me getting a triple abscess to my bottom left adult molar, at the age of thirteen. The tooth was eventually removed via emergency surgery (5 injections and an insane amount of pain), and an extremely very traumatic experience, which put me off ever seeing a dentist, until thirteen years later.

I crashed to earth two weeks ago, when part of my top molar (which I had stopped brushing) because the electric toothbrush hurt it, fell off and subsequently the decayed tooth went gray and caused a dreadful infection. The dentist (which i was extremely scared of as I am now living in a foreign country) was great, but unfortunately my top right molar could not be saved and i had to have it removed.

It's a week later and I have not had a dry socket or anything, but I am still finding that my mouth is generally uncomfortable.

I have actually tried to look after my teeth, buying expensive tooth brushes and toothpastes/ mouthwashes throughout the years, but my teeth have always been awful looking- huge gaps and so unsightly - don't think ive ever smiled showing my teeth, but i attach a photo of them now because, I am 26 years old and I want a normal smile, i'M just looking for a dentist who may be able to correct my teeth and give me a mouth that I am not so ashamed off.

Finally, to all the previous users who placed old and new pics etc, I am so grateful of yourinspiration, I don't think I could have done it without u

Last edited:
Hi all,

new to the forum and figured I would post mine as well.. This is right before I went out the door to get full top/partial bottom from Periodontal disease and right when I got home that night.. I feel that they are too big so any comments/advice would be welcome in that area.. I feel like I need to "push them up" more because they hang down a bit low but the doc said it was normal/swelling etc..?

Attachments

• tday1.jpg
    tday1.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 450
They look really nice but you do look a bit swollen- give it time.

Thanks,

and yea this is day 3 and still swollen..especially the left and right cheeks..

I think the general guideline is 3 days up then 3 days down....should start feeling better tomorrow

ME 2.jpg My New Smile.......I got it yesterday after 9 loooooong weeks without teeth.

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! sooooo happy for you!! YAY! :jump:

Thank you hun....one more to go and the 3 Dee's are sorted:jump::jump::jump: x Dee x

!!!AWESOME!!!
Isn't it amazing to love the thing that used to "ruin" your life?
Take good care of them, and share the love, girl!

I'm sitting here at work and my eyes are watering from seeing so many of these changes in everyone and I CANNOT WAIT to post my before and after's. Truly I'm so inspired and seeing everyone happy and SMILING just makes me excited all over again.

Hope you all can hang out and wait another 8 months? o_O cuz that's when i'll be done. :(

YAY for EVERYONE!! :jump:

2 days post extractions and a partial denture fitted. Almost half way there. I have a wisdom and molar still to be removed from the right upper and they are going to clean up the bottoms and see where we go with those after that.

Attachments

• before3.jpg
    before3.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 425
  • before2.jpg
    before2.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 393
  • before1.jpg
    before1.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 437
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 398
:jump:VERY nice result;D

WOW! Your teeth look great!!!:jump::jump::jump:

i dont have a before picture of my bottom teeth but ive got an after picture, but before there was a big piece of tartar going into the gums and black all around them its so much better now.2012-07-23 17.57.52.jpg the brown on the top teeth im going to get cleaned off in 2 weeks

2 days post extractions and a partial denture fitted. Almost half way there. I have a wisdom and molar still to be removed from the right upper and they are going to clean up the bottoms and see where we go with those after that.

Absolutely beautiful!! I have been very apprehensive on what my teeth are going to look like - I will be able to keep most of the top teeth, losing most of the bottom and have been trying to imagine what I will look like. Your pictures have given me hope! Thanks so much for posting them! Maybe I'll have some beautiful pictures to post in a few days as well.

This is my before and after. On my second day of the healing process. Full upper and lowers.

20130107_075942.jpg20130107_215714.jpg

This is my before and after. On my second day of the healing process. Full upper and lowers.

View attachment 540View attachment 542

Woah! What a change, in the second picture you look like you feel awesome about the way you look! (And rightly you should.)

On another note, if you have the time, it would be awesome (and very helpful) to share your actual story in the forums.

Mike

This thread has been *DAMN AMAZING for me! (damn holding the "f-letter word" place). I was that moved by the transformations. Thursday is my first appointment back in 8-10 years, I'm 22, and I've let my teeth ruin my life for far too long. My decision was spurred long ago but I only decided to take action as far back as 2 months by applying for help through a charity but nothing came of it in the form of dental work. Now I've got some insurance and a little bit of money and I'm going in to talk to the DDS this week with high hopes for relief and a payment plan. All of your before and after pictures really sent a chill of anticipation down my spine but I don't want to get ahead of myself. I'm ready to face my fears and move on with my life thanks to all of you. I will be posting before and after pics just as soon as I have my after for putting up pics of my teeth in their current state would only add to my embareassment. Thanks again and I can't wait to also be able to smile!

Before and 1 day post op. I still can't believe the difference. (Swelling around the upper lip but NO pain) I am now 1 week post op.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 546
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 501
Last edited:
Back