• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Beyond Anxious

Really sorry to hear that ? . I hope the time passes quickly for you. Good to hear that you're currently not in pain though ?

Hi there! Been awhile since I’ve been on here. The extraction day has finally come and I am beyond surprised and proud of myself for following through. Was a complete wreck this morning but thankfully have amazing friends and family in my life that mean the world to me. Appointment was at 8:30- 15 extractions (including all 4 wisdom teeth). Was out and on my home by 9:30. Just finally starting to feel somewhat coherent again, and has some ice cream and chicken broth (I was starving). Don’t feel too uncomfortable currently (despite being 4 hours post op), just the fun swelling that makes me feel like the remaining teeth are going to pop right out of my mouth! Hoping it stays this easy, but am also not naive. Supposed to go to the pharmacy in a few hours to pick up the pain meds and antibiotic ?

Hope you have a quick and painless recovery. Congrats on going thru with it, that’s a huge, huge accomplishment. Keep us posted!

Congratulations I’m taking the first steps & doing your extractions! A week ago Friday I just had IV Sedation at the Oral Surgeon to get 4 pulled. I was beyond petrified. Good luck & healing to you.

Thank you! The procedure itself wasn’t terrible for me due to being iv sedated as well. It’s been a cluster all week getting things sorted out though- was sent an antibiotic I’m allergic to, still don’t have the new one despite multiple calls/emails later. Asked for a note for work multiple times- still don’t have that either so I’m sticking wasting vacation time instead of sick time. The oral surgeon himself was really friendly but it’s been a cluster otherwise. Called yesterday and scheduled my next appointment in my journey (back with my regular dentist) for 10/28. Deep cleaning with what’s left and making up the treatment plan to fix what’s left and replace what’s been pulled. Long road ahead still but hopefully this was/is the worst part! Speedy recovery to you as well!