• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Big Dental Surgery Coming up!

I am drinking a coke. It does not seem to be working. Since I am now on day six I think the stitches coming out at this point is ok. It is literally hanging on by a thread right now. Haha. Pun intended. I would be surprised if this particular one makes it until tomorrow morning.

I am drinking a coke. It does not seem to be working. Since I am now on day six I think the stitches coming out at this point is ok. It is literally hanging on by a thread right now. Haha. Pun intended. I would be surprised if this particular one makes it until tomorrow morning.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Hanging by a thread..hehehe

One week now post-op update:

I seem to be doing fine. That annoying stitch finally came out last night while I was brushing. What a relief. That was getting very annoying. I still feel tightness in some extraction spots but I do not have any pain just some minor annoyance. I went all day and night yesterday with no Advil or Tylenol needed.
I feel more confident and I am going to try to eat some Mac and cheese today for lunch.
I still feel like my bite is off because of one filling on the left side. It feels tight and a little sore on the gum near this tooth. It is nothing I can’t handle for the time being.
They did not do the deep cleaning on the last visit I was told so I still need to have that done along with the permanent crown seating. I am thinking that I will have more one round of iv sedation in a few weeks to finish everything up and then that will be it for a least 3-6 more months.
This has been stressful for a long time now and I think I am starting to see the light at the end for the first time in what feels like forever.

That annoying stitch finally came out last night while I was brushing. What a relief. That was getting very annoying

:cheer2: :dance2: :jump:

Tonight playing volleyball was amazing. I was tired and weak but I made it through six tough games in a row in 90+ degree heat (us). I smiled tonight for the first time in three years. I didn’t even hesitate to smile. It felt amazing. I honestly can’t believe I smiled and showed my teeth. I did it though and when I told people what I just went through everyone was so supportive and said that my teeth look great and they can’t even tell that a tooth is missing on the left front side. I feel so empowered and happy for the first time in years.
If anyone is scared and is following this journal, I hope that this gives you comfort.

Ling time since an update. This is three weeks today since my big surgery. I am doing fine. While I was eating lunch today my temporary crown from my RC popped off. Scared me to death. I called the dentist and they could get me in today to have it re-cemented. Then they called me right back and said that the perm crown just came in the mail (right after I called) and they can place it for me today. What timing. I am a little scared because I will be awake this time for the placement but they said this won’t hurt at all and I won’t even need local. After today I only need the deep cleaning scaling under sedation and then I am finished for a bit.

I did it. Permanent crown is in. It didn’t hurt at all and I got through it all without even shaking or being nervous. Be steps forward today for me. That is the first time I have been to the dentist and didn’t cry or wasn’t shaking uncontrollably. Kind of can’t believe I was that brave. Phew. Big sigh of relief from me.

:thumbsup!: :perfect: :thumbsup!: Wow.. amazing job getting through all that and even without local! You are braver than I :) :). Sounds like things went amazing . So great to hear!!

Wow. Been a long time since I posted anything. Probably because everything has been going so well. I have been going to regular cleanings with no issues. I went about 2 weeks ago and it was time for x-rays again. I was told I had a very small cavity and I should have it taken care of right away. I was scared but I scheduled an appointment to do it. They gave me numbing stuff before hand. It really worked. I didn’t even feel the numbing shots really. Got done, no issues at all. Can’t believe I was ever scared of needles at this point. In the last year I have been put under twice for my teeth, two COVID vaccine shots, and now numbing shots. I think I am good to go at this point. I guess sometimes you really do need to face your fears to get over them.

Good job you story is inspiring! I go in in 4 hours for IV conscious sedation 4 extractions. Like you I’m mostly terrified of the anesthesia. Thank you for the updates!

Back