• Welcome! It's great to see you.

Most of our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who have an extreme fear of the dentist, or a fear of specific things that they dread about dental visits. Other members have had these fears at some point in their lives. Amongst our membership there is a wealth of expertise that has been developed through having to deal with dental phobia and anxiety.

We are an actively moderated forum with a team of experienced moderators that works hard to keep the forum safe for visitors and members.

We are also lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators, who can help with any dental (or other!) questions you may have. The "Verified dentist" badges will tell you whether an answer has been provided by a qualified dentist. We are always happy to welcome new dentists to our community - please do join in the discussions!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Bioactive fillings

C

comfortdentist

Verified dentist
Pulpdent corporation a family owned business invited this new class of dental filling materials that naturally work with our saliva to help recrystallize hydroxyapatite at the margins of fillings. All other filling materials that we use for function only fill in the holes and don't interact with our natural system. I have used Activa for over five years now with tremendous success. I was recently invited to attend their corporate sales meeting and asked to present to the company itself my work. Also invited were a pediatric dentist, and prosthodontist from latin america and Dr. Wig from India. It was truly a honor to be there.IMG_8339.jpg

C

comfortdentist

Verified dentist
I made an error .pulpdent invented this new restorative material

Dr. Daniel

Dr. Daniel

Verified dentist
Very nice. Pulpdent is indeed an innovative company. I have not heard about this product and it sounds interesting.

C

comfortdentist

Verified dentist
It's a different workflow but it also doesn't cause teeth to be sensitive after the restoration.

M

MountainMama

This is very interesting! Congrats on the honor of the invitation. I am very curious about this now. I will have to ask my dentist about it.

K

Kns

This is very interesting! Congrats on the honor of the invitation. I am very curious about this now. I will have to ask my dentist about it.
This is interesting! One more positive outcome from my long, painful dental journey is that I have learned so much about dentistry.

N

NETWizz

Is it self etching or total etch?

I have had both systems used on me but never pulpdenr. Sounds interesting.

Most recently I have had Esthetx with Prime N Bond.

I have had the 3M sc, and vitribond.

Thus far I am not sure my favorite, but all the self-etch have been good to me with little or non post-op sensitivity

Vitribond is probably my favorite as a patient tooth always feels normal. Prime N Bond is probably my second, but overall I like Filtek Because they tend to not leak for me.