• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bioactive fillings

C

comfortdentist

Verified dentist
Pulpdent corporation a family owned business invited this new class of dental filling materials that naturally work with our saliva to help recrystallize hydroxyapatite at the margins of fillings. All other filling materials that we use for function only fill in the holes and don't interact with our natural system. I have used Activa for over five years now with tremendous success. I was recently invited to attend their corporate sales meeting and asked to present to the company itself my work. Also invited were a pediatric dentist, and prosthodontist from latin america and Dr. Wig from India. It was truly a honor to be there.IMG_8339.jpg

I made an error .pulpdent invented this new restorative material

Very nice. Pulpdent is indeed an innovative company. I have not heard about this product and it sounds interesting.

Sounds interesting. Congrats Dr Kimsey!

It's a different workflow but it also doesn't cause teeth to be sensitive after the restoration.

This is very interesting! Congrats on the honor of the invitation. I am very curious about this now. I will have to ask my dentist about it.

This is very interesting! Congrats on the honor of the invitation. I am very curious about this now. I will have to ask my dentist about it.
This is interesting! One more positive outcome from my long, painful dental journey is that I have learned so much about dentistry.

Is it self etching or total etch?

I have had both systems used on me but never pulpdenr. Sounds interesting.

Most recently I have had Esthetx with Prime N Bond.

I have had the 3M sc, and vitribond.

Thus far I am not sure my favorite, but all the self-etch have been good to me with little or non post-op sensitivity

Vitribond is probably my favorite as a patient tooth always feels normal. Prime N Bond is probably my second, but overall I like Filtek Because they tend to not leak for me.

Back