Bite adjustment gone wrong! Please help

S

Sandy120

I had a bite adjustment done a couple days ago. My dentist shaved down some of the enamel to fix my bite but it’s made it 100x worse. I’ve noticed he filed down too much of my bottom molar down and now my top and bottom teeth do not touch. It’s made it extremely hard to chew and my teeth do not touch anymore when I bite down. What can I do to fix this? Please help, this has been bothering me so much and I’m scared to go back to the dentist. Thank you!

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
Go back to the dentist. It's what you're paying them for.

39male

39male

The only solution I can think of is getting a taller crown. Left side of my mouth has more worn teeth than right side. Hence, I have a taller crown on left side.

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
Getting a crown to sort this out seems a bit drastic 🙂

Of course, Gordon is right that the dentist should finish the job you paid them for and sort this out. But presumably, there’s a reason why you don’t want to see them again?

S

Sandy120

I’ll go back to see what my dentist has to say but I’d rather see someone else. When he did the bite adjustment, I wasn’t told and didn’t realize some of my tooth would be shaved down. I had a filling on a couple of my teeth and assumed he would adjust those. A crown does seem extreme, my teeth are very healthy. I did see an orthodontist that suggested I get braces for one year to bring my top and bottom teeth together. It would cost me $7000 which isn’t something I want to do over one tooth (I already had braces so my teeth are pretty straight).
The question I have is can I get bonding added on this tooth to fix my bite?
thank you for the responses!

39male

39male

Apologies for my misguided feedback. I hope things work out for your bite situation. Well wishes. Please keep us updated with your progress. :)