• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Black spot on tongue ?

MeaDrea

MeaDrea

Recently I found I need 2 wisdoms pulled (one decayed) and I need a root canal on the 2nd molar.

After I got the diagnosis, my tongue started hurting and I see all these raised clear bumps. I read they are lie bumps or something and that they're not an issue. But the burning pain doesn't go away.

Then today, when brushing, I see a small black dot on my tongue. Is it from the decaying teeth, is it a bruise, cancer? Do I call my dentist? Freaking out

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200124-203501_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200124-203501_Video Player.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200124_203600.jpg
    20200124_203600.jpg
    469.5 KB · Views: 4
Screenshot_20200124-231511_Video Player.jpg

Seems darker now. And the tip if my tongue with the clear bumps hurt worse.

Am I dying? Lol no seriously, am I?

I don't know it's connected to my autoimmune disease, my teeth issues, both... do I go to ER, do I wait to call the dentist Monday, do I just ignore it cause it's nothing?

I hate anxiety disorders. Legit.

It looks more like a small bruise to me. Don't waste ER's time, make an appointment with your dentist if it's not cleared up in a couple more days.

It actually has started to clear up. I didn't know you could bruise your tongue. Lol good Lord I can't wait to get the extractions over and done with so I can stop obsessing over it

Back