• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Black Spot On White Filling

JJones86

JJones86

Hi all.

I have a question.

I had a root canal treatment done on a tooth about a month ago by an endodontist. It was a very deep cavity that had to be worked on. The endodontist did the tooth all in one two hour appointment. I have the white filling on the finished tooth, but it has a black dot on it now. Not sure what it is. I can't brush it off and it doesn't come off when I rinse my mouth. I've had it for a few weeks now. The tooth was filled both on the top (the biting surface) and on the side closest to my cheek.

I'm not having pain from this tooth. Although I am having jaw pain on that side of the mouth. That could be from a variety of things though.

I'm just wondering if I should be concerned. I've never had a root canal treatment done and then had a black spot show up on the white filling.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

JJ

I had a couple deep cavities filled with white fillings, and within a couple months they had a couple blackish looking marks along the filling and my dentist told me not to worry, that it's just staining

Back