• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Black Triangles Are Making Me Self Conscious

J

jatay1985

After my deep cleaning, my black triangles developed along my lower bottom teeth. Does anybody else have them and if so, how do you seem to live with them day after day? I feel like when I talk, people stare at my mouth still.

Hi,

It is actually unfortunately quite common. These surfaces you mentioned can get discoloured because they are rougher than others (thus it is easier for pigmentation to get caught there), come in more contact with food and drinks (that carry pigmentation) and more difficult to clean (for everyone, even for dentists and oral hygienist).
I would suggest letting the oral hygienist to clean these surfaces with polishing aids, the idea is that these facets become as smooth as possible.
IN addition, from my limited experience (maybe the other dentists can share their idea) an electrical tooth brush effective in cleaning these surfaces (even though these surfaces should be cleaned with a floss/tooth-pics).

Thank you! Yes I use an electric Oral b toothbrush and a water pick as well as floss. I try to keep it as clean as possible

I just got my teeth deep cleaned this week. I have huge black triangles on my bottom teeth. I'm obsessing about food getting trapped in them. I'm trying to keep them clean so they will not get any worst. I really hate looking at them. :( i was glad to
See this thread pop up

I just got my teeth deep cleaned this week. I have huge black triangles on my bottom teeth. I'm obsessing about food getting trapped in them. I'm trying to keep them clean so they will not get any worst. I really hate looking at them. i was glad to
See this thread pop up

I most definitely understand! I can say that you’ll be obsessed with cleaning your teeth but don’t stress over it. It’s very easy to do and you’ll love the outcome!

Back