• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Black Triangles in Teeth After Cleaning

J

jatay1985

They're really depressing me. I know its a sign that my gums are returning back to normal and are getting healthier but i also know that it signifies bone loss. It hurts me to see what I've done to myself.

Don't be so hard on yourself. We can't change what's in the past, so we can only work hard to change things moving forward. I too have quite a few black triangles at several spots, but I don't have gum disease or bone loss and I'm in my late thirties.

I think some gum recession and black triangles do happen as we age as well. I have seen quite alot of people with otherwise healthy teeth and good oral hygiene with them, so I think it's fairly common. Even my dentist has them too.

The black triangles happen when you have lost the bone that supports the gums so the gums shrink back when they aren't inflamed.
It is possible to greatly close them with aesthetic treatment. It isn't easy and the average dentist wouldn't be able to do it well.

The black triangles happen when you have lost the bone that supports the gums so the gums shrink back when they aren't inflamed.
It is possible to greatly close them with aesthetic treatment. It isn't easy and the average dentist wouldn't be able to do it well.
How can one greatly close them?

It can be closed with composite but not easy to do it well.

Back