• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bleeding 6 days after wisdom teeth removal

C

Chris_F.92

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed 6 days ago. Everything was going well, pain was lessening every day and I started feeling better. On the 5th day (yesterday) I woke up extremely sore and bruised (but from what I've read this isn't too uncommon?) but other than that, everything seemed to be going well. I AM a smoker, BUT I did NOT smoke until the evening of the 4th day (but I have smoked every day since) and it was only a couple smokes, AND I rinsed with warm salt water after each cigarette minus last night. Today I was outside doing some yard work for a neighbor and the next thing I know I have a mouth full of blood. I immediately went home and rinsed with warm salt water and the first 3-5 rinses were all blood, but by the time I was done with the cup of salt water, the bleeding had stopped. I am not really in any pain, just bruising and discomfort from the swelling. I did NOT have ANY stitches, which I find kind of odd? I go back to the oral surgeon tomorrow for a check up. Any idea what caused this bleeding and am i on my way to a dry socket?! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Did you ever figure out what caused this? I had a similar experience last night. One week after extraction and woke up in the middle of the night with a bloody mouth that stopped bleeding after applying pressure with teabags similar to what I did right after surgery. My oral surgeon had no clue what happened so I'm a bit concerned.

Back