- Jan 12, 2020
I have been awake all night because an upper molar I had removed 9 days ago started to bleed and is still going on despite holding gauze and biting down. I have now run out of gauze. My current one is soaking. I am on rivaroxiban, the blood thinner. it did not bleed after extraction ...I had two stitches put in but now. Why? The dentist is closed today Sunday and I am wondering if I should go to a and e at local hospital. Help? Would the hospital help or should I wait and see if it stops. If I take the gauze off it may pull off any plug that’s formed. I have no more gauze until I get to chemist at 10am. The site was doing well until this.