• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bleeding after 3 weeks

E

EricaPuskar

I got all 4 wisdom teeth removed about 3 weeks ago. Today, one of the holes started bleeding a little bit every time I irrigated it. Do you guys think this is normal? Should I be worried? None of the holes have bled after irrigation until today. I'm not in any pain and it looks like it's just a little bit of blood coming out of the hole, but I'm worried.

I wish I could help you, but I was not given an irrigation syringe. The oral surgeon who did my extract gave me a medicated rinse to use twice per day and I used salt water after meals. You may just need to call the dentist who did your extraction, because it has been 3 weeks. I do have a cousin who said the irrigation syringe caused her to bleed but that was only a little over a week after her procedure. Sorry I'm not much help to you.

Back