• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

bleeding slightly 2 weeks after extraction?

S

staticgirl

I had a molar extraction almost 2 weeks ago and the post-op pain has now almost completely gone. The gums in other parts of my mouth and areas of my tongue seem a little sore.

However, I have been noticing that I still seem to be able to taste a little blood. When I go to have a look I cannot see anything that looks wrong, certainly no blood. I occasionaly feel as if I can also taste that stuff the dentist put on the socket after the surgery.

I'm not chewing on that side yet although there has been a couple of times food accidentally found itself over there and a couple of times I have woken up at night and I think I may have been sucking or grimacing when my nose is blocked. I have sneezed a few times - I have allergies which I keep under control with antihistamines.

Is the bleeding all in my mind? Will it eventually go? Is it coming from the other sore areas perhaps? I am brushing my teeth (carefully) and using the saltwash and standard mouthwash still.

Hope you can help, it doesn't seem a big enough problem to bother my dentist with and anyway i can't afford to see her this week until I get paid.

I don't think you are tasting blood in your mouth. There may be a slightly funny taste in your mouth from the extraction site but if you can't see anything at all, it's really nothing to worry about.

Back