• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

blood clot exposed

V

virgilje2

we pulled my daughter's upper tooth a couple of days ago. She has what appears to be a blood clot exposed (hanging). Is this normal or should I be worried?

We did the same with my daughter.After her dad scared her silly when he told her he once swallowed his wobbly tooth in his sleep she woukdnt go to bed.
So there i am sitting on her top bunk gently wiggleing it as it was hanging on by a thread it came out,we stopped it bleeding with a clean hanky and she seemed to have what i thought was sone loose gum hanging down,the next morn her gum was healing nicely.
Mind you all she wanted to do after that was go to sleep and see how much the tooth fairy had brought her.

I'm sorry, I was in a rush answering there and didn't completely finish. The red thing is what's left of the nerve inside the baby tooth, they shrivel up and fall away quickly when they're exposed to the mouth and they don't give any symptoms.

Back