• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Blood Clot Please HELPP

M

Meera

I had my 2 right side wisdom teeth removed on the 24th which was 6 days ago. Well on the 5th day (yesterday) I went to a dinner party around 9 and though it would be okay to have some real food since I've been living off applesauce and protein shakes this whole time. I didn't eat anything crunchy just shredded fish which I barely chewed, I just swallowed it and half a meatball all of which I chewed on my left side. This was Indian food btw. I got home around 11 and decided to do my saltwater rinse and go to bed I put 3 pillows up since idk how long I'm supposed to sleep elevated?. I thought I was fine since at the party I had no bleeding but when I got into bed around 12 I felt strange so I put a tissue up to my mouth and tongue to catch some saliva since I know I can't spit and there was BLOOD! However, nothing was painful. I immediately but a damp gauze in my mouth to form another clot and then a tea bag for 15 minutes which helped most of the bleeding. It's 9:30 in the morning now I just had my pennicilin and a protein shake. There is no pain or blood coming out. Am I okay? What could have caused this? Do I need to wait another 7 days for this to heal since it was bleeding? What precautions should I take now?

Hi I answered your other thread.

Back