• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bone broth? sounds grossssss

N

newbieindeatalfear

Has anybody had good results from Bone broth? said its great for teeth and can reverse a cavity online

I have no idea if it is good for teeth or not - but nothing can reverse a cavity. By the time you have a cavity, the tooth has been damaged and cannot be replaced (That's why there are so many dentists and products out there with the tag line of "Protect your enamel" because once this stuff is gone, there is no replacing it)

Ive tried it,it inst to bad to eat. Online people have proof that it reverses cavities

Unless you see some clinical trials done I wouldn't give it too much thought.

I've read before that the cavity can be reversed as long as it hasn't reached the dentin, it's called remineralization. The pulp and nerve are there for a reason, it's to remineralize the teeth whenever needed. However you would need a sufficient nutrition in the body to achieve this effect, which is found in the bone broth. Check out some books about holistic dentistry for more specific details.

NewbieInDentalFear - Anybody with an internet connection can write all sorts of things online. As AsaGohan suggested, your best bet would be to see if any legitimate organizations (like the american dental association, for example) have done research related to Dental Bone Broth and any potential health benefits resulting from its ingestion.

BlueberryPi - the problem with that is that most people don't realize they have a cavity until it reaches the dentin. Unless people obsessively check their teeth or have a dentist catch it at a cleaning (which a good deal of people actively avoid), the first sign of that cavity would be pain. I've read articles via google as well (and since neither of us are dentists, they have a not so great accuracy rate) and while there is a process called Remineralization, it does not HEAL cavities. It simply stops them from getting worse (and the only process that did that was Indirect Pulp Treatment provided by an actual dentist).

I'm all for people indulging in hollistic dentistry if that's what they believe - but when it comes to keeping cavities from getting worse and leading to possible infection/loss of tooth, your best bet is still going to be to visit a dentist and have them recommend a treatment plan.

Back