• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bone fragments 8 months after extraction??

B

brewer734

hi everyone
Ok im really worried about the site where I had my tooth taken out 8 months ago. It was the very back molar and was badly broken it came out in one piece and although i have had pain from it afterwards its been ok. Now i seem to have what feels like smooth bone coming through the gum does anyone know what this is ? its exactly where the tooth was removed and im thinking all sorts of horrid things !!!
Ive had bone fragments but this is smooth and seems to be coming through could it be a bone fragment so long after extraction ??
any help is great I cant sleep for worrying !!
Emma

Yeah, it could well be a fragment. If it's causing you this much stress, I'm sure your dentist would be happy to check it out for you.

My extraction was only a couple of months ago, but since then, each time a piece of bone works its way out, another replaces it, it hs been ongoing since the day the tooth was removed, am am guesiing its going to continue, good luck with yours ........:cry:

I posted recently about a strange lump that came up on my gum 10 months after an extraction. That has since discharged some pus and threads of the stuff the dentist put in the cavity to make it clot. I guess if that can take that long so could bone or tooth fragments. Good luck with it.

Back