• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bone fragments left in gums

P

phillyw6

I have had 2 teeth removed. one was removed because the tooth chipped and then the filling fell out. after the removal of that tooth I have removed several bone pieces that are really too big to be just bone spurs. And I still have it feels like another part of the tooth is still there. not sure how to get that piece out. As I do not have dentures and now no top teeth on the right side of my mouth I can not eat any hard foods. Any suggestions on how to get that other part of the tooth out?

I had this too recently and I still have parts of the shards in my gum.. My new dentist said he would take it out when he did the abutment and opened the implant up at the same time. meanwhile the really pokey part of the shard fell off just yesterday feels a ton better but still irritaing with that stuck in my gum. I hope yours comes out I hear they work their way out pretty frequently

Back