• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bone fragments

W

whiskmisk

I am so frustrated! I had 5 teeth pulled on top about 7 wks ago and it left 1 bone fragment. Went back to dentist and he took an xray and said yep theres something there. He said if it keeps bothering you we will do something with it. Well it still does! 5 wks ago I went and had all 12 teeth I had left on the bottom pulled, Wooo:cry: and I have bone fragments in my gums all the way around the bottom. Went to dentist today and he referred me to an oral surgeon to be put to sleep and have them all taken out. We are not rich and now this is going to cost another $1,000.00 before I can go get my dentures. I'm getting older and do not need the pain and cost:cry: Thanks for listening, So frustrated now.

I am so frustrated! I had 5 teeth pulled on top about 7 wks ago and it left 1 bone fragment. Went back to dentist and he took an xray and said yep theres something there. He said if it keeps bothering you we will do something with it. Well it still does! 5 wks ago I went and had all 12 teeth I had left on the bottom pulled, Wooo:cry: and I have bone fragments in my gums all the way around the bottom. Went to dentist today and he referred me to an oral surgeon to be put to sleep and have them all taken out. We are not rich and now this is going to cost another $1,000.00 before I can go get my dentures. I'm getting older and do not need the pain and cost:cry: Thanks for listening, So frustrated now.
soo sorry to hear your frustration and don't give up. Maybe you can discuss with your dentist that cost is a big issue for you and maybe they can let you pay in payments or find another way to get this done. I'm to get a wisdom tooth out tomorrow at 12pm if he says my sinus congestion won't be an issue.

Hi whiskmisk :welcome: to the forum.

It is the pits when we have treatment and don't heal how we expect to. Do you know when you will be going to see someone to get the bone fragments removed.

I don't know if they are part way through the gum but I just read a thread where someone used an old piece of stocking or panti hose and gently rubbed it on the gums where the fragments were and eventually the bits came out.

If it isn't too painful you could give it a try.

Let us know how you get on please. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Sorry you are in so much pain :butterfly:

This is a good place to vent when you are frustrated. Hope you are on the mend soon.

I am anemic and started chewing ice compulsively. I have lost 3 teeth due to this. I have no insurance. I just got two tiny fragments out last night but I have a bony prominence that feels like a frag??. I have no more funds left, I am a domestic violence victim and Im tapped out and crapped out. Any suggestions on what to do about this. It is infected. I have two azithromycin and some amox left I am going to start taking cuz it hurts!:confused::(

Hi Daefney :welcome: to the forum.

If you are in the UK you could probably get your teeth done on the nhs which is cheaper than you think. If not as I suspect you aren't could you go to a dental school to get treatment. Sorry you are in such pain I hope you can get help soon. :butterfly:

I too am sorry that you are dealing with this. Bone fragments are bad, but an infected fragments are worse. Can you ask the dentist who removed your teeth to remove the fragments? If not I think Carol's suggestions are very good. Try rinsing with salt water if you are not already doing this as it is very comforting, and may help keep the infection at bay.

Back