• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bone Spicule Eight Weeks After Extraction?

D

ds680

Hi everyone,

I've already encountered one bone spicule on my left side about three weeks after my wisdom tooth extraction. Now, for the past few days, I've had a sharp pain on the right side. When I looked closely this morning, it looks like there's another piece of bone working its way out. I'm a little over eight weeks since my surgery -- is it possible to still have these fragments be working their way out?

Hi everyone,

I've already encountered one bone spicule on my left side about three weeks after my wisdom tooth extraction. Now, for the past few days, I've had a sharp pain on the right side. When I looked closely this morning, it looks like there's another piece of bone working its way out. I'm a little over eight weeks since my surgery -- is it possible to still have these fragments be working their way out?

Not very common but it can happen. I had multiple extractions last year, not just wisdoms, and I had a chip show up 6 months after the bottom work was done

Back