• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bottom of tooth has rotted

T

TheVeronicas

i am really worried that I am going to lose a tooth.

One of my front teeth, the bottom where it meets the gum, it has chipped away while I was moving my tongue.
The chipped part is black. So I am guessing the whole tooth needs to be taken out.

current the gum is exposed. But tooth is strong an does not move.

Can an some tell me I this tooth repairable?

Hi WELCOME to the forum :jump::jump::jump:

It could be a bit of enamel that has chipped off or even some tarter, you need to see a dentist and get the decay if that is what the black bit is taken away. The tooth could be repaired but only a dentist having a look will be able to tell you for sure. Keep it cleaned and hopefully the dentist will be able to put a bit of filling in it.

Let us know how you get on please :butterfly:

Hi WELCOME to the forum :jump::jump::jump:

It could be a bit of enamel that has chipped off or even some tarter, you need to see a dentist and get the decay if that is what the black bit is taken away. The tooth could be repaired but only a dentist having a look will be able to tell you for sure. Keep it cleaned and hopefully the dentist will be able to put a bit of filling in it.

Let us know how you get on please :butterfly:

hello, thank you for the reply.

I think it is actual tooth. This is because there is now a hole, I can feel soft gum.

do you think the dentist will remove the tooth?
It is possible to get a filling in the front tooth?

I can't say if your tooth will be cured with a filling. Front teeth can and often do get fillings put in them. You really need to see a dentist. Don't leave it too long as it will get worse and then you may well need it extracting. :butterfly:

Back