• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bottom Teeth Issues

J

JustMe1972

I hope this is the right forum for this question. 🤞🏻

For the past @month I have been having an issue with two of my bottom teeth. The central incisor and the lateral incisor. Both hurt when I tap on them, but no pain when I bite with them. The central incisor also throbs on and off (this started a couple weeks ago). I went in for a cleaning this past Friday and she looked at both the teeth and didn't see any cavities and the gums did not look infected. I tend to clench my jaw a lot and have an underbite. She suggested this may be the case and I should make an appointment with a dentist (she was a dental hygienist). Side note: Over the past 5 years I have had two bottom first molars pulled and my teeth have shifted slightly.

I guess my question is, can there be an infection in a tooth with no cavity or gum issues? I am still having some pain from the deep cleaning root planing she did Friday, so I am trying to wait for a week for all that to calm down. But I am finding it hard to believe with the amount of pain coming from that central incisor that there is no infection. Hence the question above. Any help would be most welcome!

I guess my question is, can there be an infection in a tooth with no cavity or gum issues?
Pretty unlikely but not impossible. See a dentist.

Back