• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

bottom teeth pulled and bone shaved

H

heleng57

Hi all, I’m new to this site and so glad I found you! It’s nice to find others who are just as terrified of dentist as I am.
In 2012 I had a full upper denture put in and had a partial bottom. I have always had soft enamel and short roots. So over the years the metal band on the partials wore my teeth down. I could have root canals but as this point why bother. So yesterday I had the rest of the bottoms pulled and my jaw bone shaved so the denture would sit better. I have a lot of stitches in mouth. I had immediate denture put in but was kinda loopy when I left. By the time my husband drove me home I realized that the bottom dentures were huge!! My husband thought that because of the swelling to come maybe that was why. Here it is this morning, my mouth is killing me because of the stitches and these teeth are still falling out. I can’t imagine how big they are when my mouth isn’t swollen anymore. Needless to say I have an appt at noon with my dentist and I’m praying he can do something as I have to be back to work in 4 days. How could he just let me get up and leave knowing how big these things are !! It’s ridiculous. Has anyone else experienced this? I mean I could even hold them in with fixodent because of the stitches. Help please!

I'm sorry. I have no idea how dentures work. But I just wanted to know if you are ok and if the dentist was able to fix the situation?

Heleng,

Yes.. how did your appt go and are things any better?

Back