• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is very afraid of dentistry or who suffers with dental phobia. Please note that this is NOT a general dental forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Broken cusp on molar age 72

S

scareddiane

I noticed an occasional 'pressure' sensation when I bit something hard. NO pain. No sensitivity to touch, tap, hot, cold, etc. I looked and noticed one edge of the (last) molar had an area next to a large filling that has no cusp.
I'm on Social Security and have no dental coverage or savings. The molar in front of this tooth was pulled years ago.
Since I have no pain, etc., is it safe to wait?
My dentist knows of my dental phobia but she wants $400 to look at my tooth (x ray, cleaning). I get $600 a month income.

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
Yeah it's fine to wait. I broke the cusp off a second molar just when lockdown started. Since they only treatment possible at the time was extraction I waited for things to go back to normal before getting it fixed. If you can keep it nice and clean then just leave it.

S

scareddiane

Thanks Doc! I have a Sonicare and a Braun. I use one in the morning and the other at night. No soda or junk foods for me. I had chemo 13 years ago and 3 molars broke at the gumline, so had them extracted.
I REALLY appreciate you and the forum.

Attachments

• not white.jpg
    not white.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 4
Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
No problem.