• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Broken tooth about to snap off!

bear79

bear79

Its just one thing after another with me atm - sorry!

Well, the lower tooth on the left hand side the one next to where my wisdom tooth wouldve been has been broken for a few years now all the way down to the gumline on the outside. The inside has part of the tooth left until today i was eating my sandwich and it went crack. Its now wobbley... is it dangerous if it falls off in one chunk? Should i wait till it falls off itself or should i help it along by fiddling with it?

This may not be what you want to hear Bear79, but you know it makes sense. The time is now ripe for you personally to do nothing about it. Its time to face your fears and let the dentist deal with it. I know that's easier said than done, but if I remember rightly from other postings of yours, you already have a dentist and have faced some of your fears. So, I know its difficult, but I think you should make an immediate appointment and let the expert deal with it. You will feel so much better afterwards. And, with Christmas coming up, with the tooth dealt with, you will be able to eat drink and be merry without having to think about that broken/wobbly tooth.:grouphug:

I've got a dentist appt on 15th - was the only time they could fit me in.

£50 for an emergency appt and then a further £X amount for the tooth to be pulled under local; i dont think so!

Is it dangerous if it snaps off?

It's not dangerous if it snaps off. Probably will cause you a quick twinge of pain as it breaks but that's about it. Personally I think it's more likely to be harmful by waggling about, there's always a chance you could inhale it in your sleep for example, so I'd have a shot at breaking it off.

OMG you made me knees jump when you said i'd have a go at snapping it off!!

I keep playing with it with my tongue and i am about to eat dinner so i am sure it will snap off soon...

Its like having a wobbley tooth - my daughter who is 5 wishes it was her with the wobbley tooth and tbh so do i!

Back