• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Broken tooth

T

Tiff0543

A piece of my tooth broke off about 4 months ago and I haven't been able to see a dentist because I don't have insurance or the money right to go right now and also have horrible anxiety over going. The dentin is exposed and was painful the first day but then went away. Would it be okay to leave for now if I keep it clean?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220711-050834.png
    Screenshot_20220711-050834.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
Tricky to answer this.
I can't tell you if it's going to be OK or not, it'll probably break down a bit more, but it's a bit of a guess as to whether that's going to make it start hurting or make it less fixable. Start loading some fluoride into it. Last thing before bedtime shove a bit of fluoride toothpaste into the cavity and leave it there. That should stop it getting a lot worse.

My tooth broke a bit months ago and aside from the extreme fear of going to the dentist I've financially had to wait, and will still have to for probably several months. It broke a bit more and I'm scared it's all going to break or the tooth will die and fall out before I can go. Do you think it will?
Thanks so much for any advice!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221117-012153.png
    Screenshot_20221117-012153.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 58
Being pretty honest here.

It's most likely already dead, it won't fall out completely but a bit more may break off. If it does, then it doesn't really matter at all in terms of if it's going to start hurting or not, it's impossible to tell when (or if) that'll happen.

If it ain't hurting then there's no particular rush to do anything with it, from that photo it's not repairable anyway.

Back