• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Broken Wisdom Tooth removal this thursday

W

WolfMoon20045

I am having a broken wisdom tooth removed on thursday and I have major anxiety.
I went to see my dentist, he told me it is fractured and needs to be extracted so after calling one oral surgeon then the next i'm finally getting it taken out and I am stressing out big time (I had a bad experience when i was a teenager, i'm now 43).
My dentist recommended, as per the prescription they give to the oral surgeon, that IV sedation would be better, but i researched it and sounds great except for the $562 it will cost, which only half will be covered by my dental insurance and i dont have the money for the rest of it.
I'm wondering if i am able to have oral sedation like Nitrous Oxide and something else that will cost a lot less.
:cry:

Last edited:
You normally need a consult before getting any type of sedation. You should then ask the oral surgeon or anesthesiologist what could be done that can fit your budget. If you already had the consult, maybe call them to see if they have different options.

Back