• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Brown spot on tooth. Cavity?

AngelCatMei

AngelCatMei

Hi guys, I just had my lower right first molar extracted two weeks ago. It was a failed root canal tooth. After extraction, I noticed that there's a brown spot on my last molar. It was not on the chewing surface, it was like in between the first and second molar. But now that the first molar is gone, nothing is blocking the brown spot.

I didn't think much of it TBH. But fews days back I experienced sensitivity/toothache kinda of pain when I apply large amounts of toothpaste directly to that brown spot. It went away after I rinse it out. It didn't hurt when I don't apply toothpaste directly tho.

I asked my dentist about that brown spot, she checked with it with the explorer to find for soft spot but there isn't any. She told me it was something (I couldn't remember the words) but no attention needed for it unless I experience constant toothache. I was wondering if it was an arrested decay.... But, if it was, why is it having toothache pain when i apply toothpaste directly on it?

Sorry, I'm super paranoid. At the age of 22, I'm already lost my first chewing molar due to root canal tooth not healing even after 6 months.... One good news is I'm taking out my braces in about two months!!

I'm super unlucky as my teeth have very deep and narrow groove. Is super hard to clean it well even though I floss, brush, waterpik and mouthwash it.

Here's the recent x-ray 3 months back. The circle area is where the brown spot is at.

Sensitivity to toothpaste seems pretty odd. You did mention it was a large amount of toothpaste, could it be a tiny amount of gum receding?

Maybe there's abit of bone loss due to the extraction plus being in braces treatment. I had sensitivity too in my 2nd molar when I was in braces treatment right after getting my impacted wisdom tooth extracted. My dentist said it could be due to bone loss from extracting the impacted wisdom tooth coupled with being in braces treatment. Maybe wait abit and see if the sensitivity gets better? If not, go back to your dentist or seek a 2nd opinion.

Hi,

The sensitivity might be due to the bone loss and gum recession after the tooth extraction.

Back