• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Brownish spots (tooth decay?)

G

Former Member
I seem to be getting a big problem with my teeth. A few months ago I found some brownish colouring in between two of my front teeth. It seems to me that it is tooth decay. Since then I have found more brownish discoloration dots on other teeth and also around some of the gum lines. I just cannot seem to be able to brush the colour off, in fact I can't even scrape it off! Can anyone share some light on what this could actually be? And how may I get it fixed (apart from visiting the dentist)?

Could just be staining. If that's the case, a dentist or hygienist can remove it very easily during a standard scale and polish, which is painless. For the average person, a cleaning every 6 months is recommended, because even with good home care, most people are never able to get rid off all the plaque that accumulates. If you consume staining drinks/foods/cigarettes, your teeth will stain more quickly, but surface stains are easily removed.

What is it that keeps you from seeing a dentist?

Back