• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bruxism is destroying my life

H

Hannahc0521

I'm at my wits end. My mouthguard helped tremendously but I guess it was pretty old and woke up the other morning with all my teeth hurting. I got a new mouthguard, all my teeth began to feel better but the damage was done.

The left side of my mouth gets the worst of it as I have a crossbite and that's where my teeth touch. My front bottom teeth are fucked tbh. The middle tooth and canine tooth hurt so bad, the gum is receeded and pretty sure they're slightly loose.

A different dentist suggested if I fixed my crossbite, the grinding would slow down. However I cant afford the invisalign as its 4 to 5 grand.

My teeth are getting destroyed. I feel ugly, I'm always in pain, teeth are worn and chipping. I just feel helpless. I've tried every calming method in the book but every morning I feel awful. Someone please, help me.

So sorry to read how you feel, Hannah. It sounds like you are looking for solutions and nothing seemed to help so far, that would make me scared too. You mentioned your teeth began to feel better after you got your new mouth guard but also that you are still in pain?

Also, may I ask you what exactly have you tried so far in terms of calming methods?

Grinding surely is a big issue, but I want to believe there are still some other options.

So sorry to read how you feel, Hannah. It sounds like you are looking for solutions and nothing seemed to help so far, that would make me scared too. You mentioned your teeth began to feel better after you got your new mouth guard but also that you are still in pain?

Also, may I ask you what exactly have you tried so far in terms of calming methods?

Grinding surely is a big issue, but I want to believe there are still some other options.
Yes my top teeth feel alot better but my 3 bottom front teeth are screwed and throbbing. I've tried hot showers before bed, cbd oil, calming tea, calming music, relaxation pills from the store,

Back