• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is very afraid of dentistry or who suffers with dental phobia. Please note that this is NOT a general dental forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bump on gum super worried

L

Lexismamma

Ok. I have a small hard bump on my gum. Its behind my lower teeth on the gumline, not the floor of my mouth. I feel a tiny normal bump on the other side parallel to this swollen one. Its been there 2 weeks and hasnt gone away. It started out really sore. Now its only a little sore if i push on it. It seems to be less swollen overnight and but then the bump feels more hard or spmething during the day. I have not seen a dentist yet. I need to advice on what this could be. So worried about cancer. Ugh

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
It's not cancer, most oral cancers are painless. Go and see a dentist and find out what it actually is. Can't advise you without seeing you.

L

Lexismamma

It's not cancer, most oral cancers are painless. Go and see a dentist and find out what it actually is. Can't advise you without seeing you.
I will be going to the dentist. I juatvwas wondering what it could be. It near the floor of mouth but kind of on gum. Smaller than a pea.

L

Lexismamma

Here is the best pic I could get

Attachments

• PhotoEditor_20190913_095832127.jpg
    PhotoEditor_20190913_095832127.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 13
Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
Sorry, can't tell you what it is without examining you.