• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bump

D

deano85

Hi guys, long time member, infrequent poster.

Im about to book myself a checkup. Reason being i have a bump in my lower gum.
Its felt a little bruised on and off for a while, 3 weeks ago it had a bit of a angry phase where it was more painful than usual (usually fine unless i push it with my tongue, but even then its barely any pain, hence why i left it)
Its now back to being as before with next to no pain, but with maybe a slight raised bit inside my mouth.
Thing is i now have a pea sized ball which i can feel from the outside just tucked up under my jaw in the same place...
Again, its not painfull but feels bruised when i touch it...
Just wondering what im getting myself into... Does it sound like an infection?
Tooth doesn't hurt, but sometimes aches a little if ive been playing with the bruised bit for too long...
Its all under a tooth i had issues with about 18months ago, and was told it was probably just a flair up
Cheers for any heads up 😔

Hi @deano85 - probably impossible to say what's going on, even for the dentists on here, without at least having a look... did you manage to book yourself a checkup? That way, you'll be able to get some idea as to what's causing the bump... keep us updated and best of luck :clover:

Hi, i tried today to book a checkup (decided on a check up rather than phone with a problem)
Problem is ive just been told my dentist are not doing check ups currently, and should call in September, only call if i have a problem...

This is probably when I should have said i have an issue but i chickened out....🙄
The be fair, over the last couple of days its all died down a lot again which i find strange....
Ill see how i feel monday , sorry...

Tried to phone yesterday, told to call again on Wednesday...
Just out of curiosity, if it turns out to be an infection, what will they do??
Ive been told several times the tooth is fine, no pain in tooth, nothing inside mouth, just the lump on the outside...(it under my jaw, like if you were looking for your tonsils, then slide you thinger towards your jaw, right upder the tooth)
Ta

Back