• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bumps on roof of mouth?

• Thread starter Deleted member 32290
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 32290

Former Member
I've had these bad boys for a few months. I'm not particularly thrilled about them; I'm 100% terrified and now there's that weird red spot/circle behind my two front teeth nested between two of those bumps. I wouldn't say they hurt, just feel odd and sometimes sensitive. They seem to be hard? They aren't paying rent so I do want them to go away.

What could they be? How can I make them go far away from me?

Picture is horrible quality but I tried my best! Hopefully, it's decent enough to see what I'm going on about.
Thanks!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 11
They are the Palatal Rugae, you kind of want them there as they help with swallowing your food. Sometimes they get a bit swollen if they get traumatised by hot food or hard food scratching them.
Some folks have more prominent ones as well. Really nothing to worry about.

They are the Palatal Rugae, you kind of want them there as they help with swallowing your food. Sometimes they get a bit swollen if they get traumatised by hot food or hard food scratching them.
Some folks have more prominent ones as well. Really nothing to worry about.

When might the swelling go down? They're fairly big and bother me being so close to my front teeth, one kinda feels like its behind my tooth. Is it possible brushing too hard on the roof of my mouth did this?

A few days probably. Yep, brushing too aggressively could do it. Or a burn, pizza cheese is good for this!

Back