• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Cadbury Creme Eggs

Cadbury Creme Eggs

• Totally revolting

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Oooh, yummy!

Votes: 20 62.5%

• Total voters
I am good at improvising, anyway it will save my teeth. :p

Pianimini

Malteasters isnt a spelling error:giggle:

Theye are ( or were ) a special type of Malteser brought out at Easter time in Uk ...ooooh, my remaining teeth are hurting ,just writing about them LOL I really really loved the Malteasters but my friend is on a permament diet now so doesnt buy chocs anymore and I havent the heart to ask her !

Theye are ( or were ) a special type of Malteser brought out at Easter time in Uk ...ooooh, my remaining teeth are hurting ,just writing about them LOL I really really loved the Malteasters but my friend is on a permament diet now so doesnt buy chocs anymore and I havent the heart to ask her !
Ah, you mean the bunnies!!!

I just know them as Malteser bunnies, I'd never noticed the Malteaster name! :rolleyes:

Pianimini

Malteasters isnt a spelling error:giggle:

...but your take on my name is! :p :giggle: :whistle:

I've never seen these bunnies. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

I've never seen these bunnies. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Hmm, well they've been around at Eastertime for a few years - in shops and supermarkets etc and advertised on TV...but maybe the bunnies have been running away from you! :giggle:

I think so, they must have been, along with the chocolate eggs, I still haven't had any, I asked my sister and she's been eating eggs for weeks, and she says she is on a diet. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :innocent:

Sort of an aside to all of this....

Ever heard of Peep-jousting?

Jaylah did you do this in your microwave? :ROFLMAO: Very good, I like it.

I haven't done it in my own. However I did do it one year in my sister's. :devilish:

I have a tradition with my nephews that, every time I see them, I will teach them one "bad thing." These "bad things" are always things that parents seriously wish people wouldn't teach their children. Like how to blow bubbles in their strained peas when they're first starting to eat solid foods. Teaching them to blow bubbles in their chocolate milk with a straw when the get a bit older, etc. My (supposed) rationale for this is that if a kid's own aunt won't teach them this stuff, who will? Aunts have certain responsibilities, you know. ;)

Of course, it always keeps my mind occupied trying to come up with the next "bad thing" that their parents won't absolutely kill me for teaching them. :giggle:

So, one year, I was at their house near Easter, it was after dinner and I was going to leave to come home before long. Sean reminded me that I hadn't taught them the "bad thing" yet. So I loaded them up in the car, took them to the grocery store, we bought one package of each colour of peeps (they have to be different colours so you can tell which one "won"), and I told them I was going to teach them "How to Ruin Your Parents' Electrical Appliances."

We got back to their house, I taught them how to do Peep Jousting, and my sister and her husband found it so funny they actually took some pictures of us doing it. We ended up burning every single Peep we'd bought. In case you're wondering, the microwave survived. :)

I don't get the jousting, how do you know which one has won....cos their jousting sticks haven't poked into each other ?

But it was me who said it...! o_O

Yeah, sorry about that, I am so used to having the blame thrown in my direction for 'starting it', that I am glad to see it wasn't me this time. As Carole said, I was reading things whilst away on a small screen with crummy internet connection, so that is my excuse.

Unusual situation here Carys, me explaining something to you, but here goes, the one stood the highest, the one least cracked, basically the side that looks to be less damaged, either way it doesn't really matter, it's just good fun.

Been away too long you need to get back to the hum drum of our everyday lives then you will see, the fresh air where you have been has effected the thinking part of your brain. Cleared your head of all things silly, come back, we need you. :p

Well, I'm not sure that the video shows a proper Peep joust, in that the Peeps are supposed to be placed close enough to each other that, when they puff up, the toothpicks do touch each other. And the "winner" is the one whose toothpick reached the opponent first.

I selected that particular Peep joust video because the lighting was the best I saw, so it was easier to see what they were doing when the microwave was turned on.

It's almost that time of the year again!:butterfly:

Although I have been "clean" from chocolate, other candy, and most desserts for nearly a decade, how I used to love spring! Easter candy was as delicious as lilies, tulips, and daffodils, and then one year a Jewish friend introduced me to Passover chocolates: look, the irises and crocuses are blooming too!

When I was a child, Christmas was about cookies (and, if my mother was in the mood, homemade peanut-butter cups :)), but I never could get excited about marshmallow Santas, and absolutely hated candy canes: hard candy, yuck; peppermint, double yuck. Give me Easter: chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate! We also received jelly beans in our Easter baskets, but I never really liked them much, especially the licorice flavour, which fortunately my sibling loved. . .good for trading!

If I recall correctly, Cadbury "creme" eggs were introduced when I was a young teenager, and quickly became a favourite. Everyone else in my immediate family, of course, thought they were disgusting, so I had to learn to buy them after school and enjoy them with friends or in private.

When I was in college, the corner stores near campus sold Cadbury eggs year-round. Fortunately this didn't make me a glutton; knowing they were regularly available, I limited my purchases to about twice per month. After I moved away from my college neighbourhood and its steady supply, however, I began to engage in serious seasonal misbehavior.

During the weeks before Easter, I would stock up on Cadbury eggs and Reese's peanut-butter eggs (my other mass-market favourite) at pre-Easter sales. I am ashamed to admit that even in my post-bulimia days, I could still occasionally eat up to four Cadbury eggs or up to six Reese's eggs (not nearly as sweet!) in one sitting. Some people celebrate Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday before Lent, but for me, "Fat Monday" came the day after Easter: leaving work, I stopped at both the independent pharmacy and the chain pharmacy in my neighbourhood, and cleared their shelves of the following, all at 50% off:

• Cadbury "creme" eggs
  • Reese's peanut-butter eggs
  • Russell Stover vanilla-"creme" eggs: too expensive to buy at regular price, at least in mass quantities!

At clearance prices, I had enough Easter candy to fill a small grocery bag. It lasted about a month, a sort of Halloween in springtime.
Now you may have a better understanding of why I don't eat chocolate anymore.;)
Now you know why I had to have so many dental restorations as a child!

If you cannot eat a particular food in moderation (and chocolate was the one thing I really, really couldn't, no matter how much I tried), don't eat it at all.

You may be surprised to learn that my husband likes Cadbury and Reese's eggs. . .in moderation. Last year, we bought 2-3 packages of each for him on clearance, which of course was my suggestion.:giggle: Most of them are still on the "candy shelf" in our pantry. Recently, I told him that since it's almost Easter season again, if he doesn't eat them soon, I'm going to feed the peanut-butter eggs to our yard's resident squirrels and buy him some new ones! Whenever I tease him about his dietary issues (such as an intolerance for hot peppers, which I love), I remind him that he can do one thing I have never, ever mastered: eat chocolate, candy, and dessert in limited quantities.

Does it bother me to have Cadbury and Reese's eggs in the house all year? During the first two years of my life without chocolate, I don't think I could have done it. By the time we were married, however, I was more than five years clean. Whenever I look at the chocolate (only when I'm in pursuit of some other pantry item), I just remind myself that it's not for me. Like dental visits, life without chocolate eventually became easier.

If you like Cadbury eggs, eat one extra one this year for me. . .and brush well afterward! ;D

Last edited:
Hi iDent I have just read this and I too had a problem of knowing when to stop with the easter eggs, but now I am afraid my teeth will break if I bit into one.

It was good to read this old thread, it gave me a giggle :butterfly:

I have never eaten a Cadbury egg. I probably would like the flavor, but the texture of the creme looks like something that would bug me. I do love Reese's Eggs though.

I just read through the thread and saw the descriptions of how people eat them. Even though that's probably what I would do, it grossed me out.

Last edited:
I like them, but what I really love are the Cadbury's Caramel eggs. sooo yummy. unfortunately chocolate is one of my biggest weaknesses :drool:

Awful. I've never understood why people like them.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm they are lovely :jump::jump::jump:

Not had one for years, and dare not have one incase I break my teeth, fillings etc. I hate going to the dentist for general checkups.

Horrible!!

They're way too sweet for me - I've never been a fan of sweet, sugary foods and hardly ever eat chocolate.

I can't even watch that Bake Off cooking show - it's almost always sweet food and if it ends up on It's like I can smell the sugar coming out of the TV screen! :)

Back