• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Can a cleaning cause craze lines

Yourbigpalal83

Yourbigpalal83

Im doing good with my teeth and my ocd but i figure i ask one question for piece of mine.

Back in 2013 i chipped and upper and lower front teeth and both were minor where no treatment other then slight smoothing on the upper one were required.

No pain in eather tooth since then or now.

But being Severely OCD i always check my teeth with a led cellphone light and a dental mirror after i floss and brush. the back of the lower front tooth on the bottom lingual side has horizontal craze lines. I doubt they are legit cracks as the light passes through the structure.

One tooth has it very slightly, the chipped one has a bunch of them, mostly horrazontal. Now acording to Gorden and other dentists on this board, its very rare for teeth in the front to get crack. there usually craze lines or they outright break when injured.

Is it possable a rough cleaning in the past scrapped the enamel on these teeth to form these lines...? Im doing my best to manage my ocd under control with therapy and treatment, but i just want to confirm a possable theory and put it behind me, as it always is in the back of my mind.

Al

what could cause them then?