• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

can a loose tooth after assault be saved

M

mlindoes

Hi

I have a major problem, I was assaulted on Saturday night which led to my gums going bust and my front tooth became loose, I am so terrified, scared and anxious about the fact that I'm going to lose my tooth. Everybody who I have talked to says there's nothing a dentist can do to save a loose tooth, they can only take it out. This thought terrifies me as my dentist appointment is only on Monday.

I'm really scared about losing my tooth, please advise about what a dentist does with loose teeth.

If the tooth is only mildly to moderately loose, your dentist can splint it to the teeth next to it and see if it will heal. Many of these teeth end up needing a root canal but can often be saved.

If the tooth is significantly out of position or very loose, it may need to come out.