• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Can I just get a filling on my front tooth?

Not a dentist...

But it will depend on how much damage there actually is to the tooth. If the damage is just on the surface and not below the gumline, they can probably do a filling. I've had that happen to one of my front teeth and a filling fixed it right up.

If there is enough damage that the tooth is unstable, the roots are damaged, etc, then a crown may be a better fix to the problem.

They can do some pretty amazing things with new resins and fillings and that is often much cheaper than going with a crown (although a crown will last longer).

Based on very limited information I would say that I typically would clean it out and place a filling in the defect. BUT is there other caries in that tooth and how deep is it?

Based on very limited information I would say that I typically would clean it out and place a filling in the defect. BUT is there other caries in that tooth and how deep is it?

It's just the one carie. It does look a little deep, most of the dentin is there, but there is a small piece that looks broken through. There's no pain and the tooth reacts to an ice cube, with the pain quickly going away.

Back