• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Can I still get my work done next week if there's an infection?

T

TheGeek

Last week I was due to have my teeth removed. They failed to book me for sedation and had me down as gas and air. They said they had to rebook it for the following week. Lucky they did because my girlfriend had a tricky procedure the following day and I had to look after her.

I'm no concerned it will get put off again! Yesterday I noticed a slight pain in my gum on the wisdom tooth. Woke up this morning and its painful to touch with my tongue. An infection no doubt!

I'm rinsing with salt water and applying clove oil.

Would I still be able to have the procedure (4 teeth, 4 fillings). There's no point booking a dentist appointment for Monday because I have to see them Tuesday morning anyway. I'll just attend and see what they say.

I really hope I can.

me again o/

yep, you can still get work done with an infection! I've had root canals done with infections before and my extractions on Monday had infected, abscessed teeth :( Unfortunately I still have the abscess 5 days later so I'm freaking out but I think I was just really unlucky

me again o/

yep, you can still get work done with an infection! I've had root canals done with infections before and my extractions on Monday had infected, abscessed teeth :( Unfortunately I still have the abscess 5 days later so I'm freaking out but I think I was just really unlucky
Hey again :) My girlfriend told me her teeth were infected when they extracted them too. Reading through your responses in the other thread you both seem to be going through a similar experience. On the plus side if my post extraction turns out bad at least I get week off work. I hope. :giggle:

Back