• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

can infected tooth spread to other tooth ?

F

FM30205

Former Member
Hi can infected tooth spread to other tooth ? Last Monday i go to endo did xray and check that my root canal molar infected and need to retreat (detail in my previous post). He also did check on premolar infront of it use percussion and electric test to check nerve still alive and it was OK no pain and nerve still alive. Now 2 days later, that premolar was hurt when i take warm water and knock with opposite tooth. Can it be the infection spread to other tooth ? I dont want to spend more for another root canal on other tooth , 1 already make me stress with cost, time, pain and less sleep

Can some expert give opinion ?

Hi Rio,

not an expert by any means, but in the situation you described not really. Your endo did an xray at your last visit so they would see if there was an infection on the other tooth. While there are infections that affect more teeth or infections that, after years of being left untreated affect other teeth, it is not possible that your premolar got infected in two weeks from your molar.
There are many many reasons why a tooth can be sensitive and it doesn‘t necessarily mean you need a root canal treatment (if you needed one, you would most likely be in a huge amount of pain without even touching the tooth). The best thing might be to give it a day or two and see if it settles on it‘s own, if not, getting it checked.
Hope this helped a bit and hope one of our lovely forum dentists replies soon too.

All the best wishes and keep us posted.

Back