• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone with a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

It's a supportive space to talk to people with similar experiences, and get advice and information.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Can overlapping front teeth click a little sometimes.

D

Dentist hater

Is it normal for overlapping front teeth to click a little.

A

ami

I'm not to sure if its normal but my bottom front teeth about 5 of them they are very over crowded and have been known to click.....it frightens the life out of me at times cause I'm convinced they're going to drop out.

D

Dentist hater

I feel the same

O

olivacs

Not sure on that but I will tell you with this new temp crown I have, that's all my teeth have been doing is clicking! I hate it!!
They said the teeth were clicking because they overlapped and the crowns bite was off, so hence the answer to your question is most likely yes they definitely can click.

D

Dentist hater

I was thinking it was movement but when i wobble a bit with my finger it doesnt seem that way, these teeth are complex things!:D

S

ShadyDawg555

Former Member
I also believe it is normal, but Im curious what happens? Like how does it sound, like a small click, and do they feel like they shift?:confused:

Well....so much help I was, I end up asking more questions.

D

Dentist hater

lol, well when i bite down my top front teeth (which overlap) onto my lips i hear a slight click, it feels like movement thats why it scares me but i heard somewere this happens but you cant beleive everything you hear i suppose.