• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Can someone reassure me that my teeth do not equate to my worth

M

moonluver444

Hi. 20F. I don’t have enough energy to describe everything that’s wrong with my teeth or how they got to where they are but let me just say they are not in great shape. I don’t have enough money to go to the dentist.I’m very ashamed of my appearance as it is and have been since I was a child but my teeth make me hate myself even more. I don’t smile. I don’t take pictures. I constantly cover my mouth. My teeth have caused me so much stress and depression. I feel like I’m not worthy enough to enjoy life or to find love. Instead I feel like I deserve pain which is why I sometimes inflict it on myself. I just really hate everything that I am. I have so much regret and shame. My teeth have ruined my life. I have no one to talk to because I’m too ashamed and I’m sure people would I validate my feelings and think I’m dramatic anyway. I feel deeply sad.

Last edited:
Most people on this forum has for many reasons got tooth problems so were all in the same situation. Were all here to support you . Can you at least try a check up to determine whats required it would be the cheapest option then you choose whats to be dealt with first and spread the cost. Please dont feel worthless everything can solved .

Back