• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Can the infection in a tooth abscess be transmitted by kissing?

S

Susan Pearl

Hi can the infection in a tooth abscess be passed on by kissing? Thanks

No chance.

(Unless you want to use it as an excuse not to kiss someone!) :)

Hi can the infection in a tooth abscess be passed on by kissing? Thanks

Hi, Well this is an interesting question. It depends if the abscess is discharging into the mouth or just contained under the gum and bone. I'm not a dentist by the way.

Soz Gordon, but if I have had an abscess oozing pus in my mouth, I would not feel comfortable kissing unless the recipient was made aware and even then probably not, it it's just not nice :redface:

I think it would encourage me to get it sorted. :hmm:

Hi, Well this is an interesting question. It depends if the abscess is discharging into the mouth or just contained under the gum and bone. I'm not a dentist by the way.

Soz Gordon, but if I have had an abscess oozing pus in my mouth, I would not feel comfortable kissing unless the recipient was made aware and even then probably not, it it's just not nice :redface:

I think it would encourage me to get it sorted. :hmm:

oh gawd snapper, my dinner nearly made a reappearance there!! :o

I didn't say it was desirable for the recipient, just that it isn't possible to transfer infection that way.

Glad I don't go out on the pull in nightclubs or discos any more, imagine all the people you've snogged without getting their teeth checked first :)

I didn't say it was desirable for the recipient, just that it isn't possible to transfer infection that way.

Glad I don't go out on the pull in nightclubs or discos any more, imagine all the people you've snogged without getting their teeth checked first :)

I wonder if my mispent youth is part of the reason for my current dental problems??! ;)

This is the reason I never liked all this christmas and new year kissing, didn't go there you never knew if somebody had gum infections or if they were clean orally, oh no I have a thing about germs and infections so always played it safe. I got a few insults hailed at me and called a misery but if they had known why I was backing off they would probably said a lot worse. But it kept me safe. You need to know somebody pretty well before you start all that kinda thing. :butterfly:

Back