• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Can this cavity be filled? Terrified, don't want to lose tooth (pics included)

S

stacy82

Can this cavity be filled? Terrified, don't want to lose tooth (pics included)

Hi all, so glad this forum is here. I hadn't been to a dentist in several years (I'm 33) until I had to have an emergency extraction about a month ago. That tooth was broken to the gumline, and had gotten infected. Anyway, Since then Ive been obsessing over my teeth. I discovered this beauty about a week ago, the very back molar has a cavity. Can this be filled? Im terrified of losing it and I really dont want a RCT. My other fear is they wont be able to fill it because the gum in the back is so close to the top of the tooth. Im afraid theyre gonna drill in there and discover it's beyond repair. It dosent hurt, only a little sensitive to cold for a few seconds. I've been obsessing over this to the point I can't think of anything else. TOOTHERS.jpgTOOTHERS2.jpgSide note: I'm aware there's also a cavity forming on the second molar as well, but that big black crater in the back is the one that's scaring me.

Re: Can this cavity be filled? Terrified, don't want to lose tooth (pics included)

Just giving this a bump :) I made my appointment today! June 10th. I just don't know what to expect...

Re: Can this cavity be filled? Terrified, don't want to lose tooth (pics included)

Hi Stacy

Sorry nobody has got around to replying yet, I'm no expert on this type of thing but just wanted to post in support.

Could I suggest that you re-post in the Dentistry Questions section of the forum and hopefully one of our friendly dentists will take a look and give you an opinion.

kind Regards

Back