• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Can u have stained pits and fissures in upper k9?

Yourbigpalal83

Yourbigpalal83

Ok, before i flip out in panic here, on both upper k9's i got what appear to be stained pits and fissures, by the gums. There small, and u gota look for them, and there in an area were there appears to be an extra layer of enamel, so im guessing thats what they are, because, i doubt there cavaties, because they would have shown on my last check up, and i would have had them filled in.

Im just wondering, because, u know me, anything i dont notice then suddleny notice, i panic.

Now, they dont have a halo of white around them like cavaties do, and r located were there are natural ridges of enamel, but i just want confromation, ya know

Also, how does one get rid of stained pits and fissures?

Re: Can u have stained pits and fissures in upper

Im just wondering, because, u know me, anything i dont notice then suddleny notice, i panic.

That's sounds so like me. Infact that has been the story of my year :rolleyes:

Anyway, I just felt the back of my canines and they have slight pits at the bottom. I doubt it's anything to worry about :)

In that area you describe, they're much more likely to be stain than cavities.

Stains can usually be polished off by a dentist or hygienist, they do tend to come back though.

oh ok. cause, it seem to follow the natural curve of the ridge on it, and of course, like an idiot, i look it up on google, and then im all paranoid. and from what ive know about cavaties, they almost appear to be larger, and have white marks and go agenst the flow of the natural structure of the tooth, so i guess it has to be a stain.

its so small though. i mean normal saliva coating of it and it disapears and u have to hold the mirror at a certain angle to even see it.

i just am confused ya know. when it comes to cavaties, i think any black mark on a tooth is a cavity , but i guess thats not always the case

Back